INTRODUCING, GSA 2024.
It's that time of year again - GSA is looking for current Kentucky high school sophomores
and juniors with skill in their artform, passion for creativity, an open mind, collaborative spirit,
and an eagerness for learning. Does this sound like a student you know? If so, please
encourage them to apply for GSA this fall.
The Governor's School for the Arts seeks and welcomes applicants of all identities, regardless of
race, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, mental and physical
health/ability, language, hometown, high school, religious belief, or cultural background.
Important Dates & Webinars
DATES ARE SUBJECT TO SHIFT/CHANGE.
Please carefully review the information below. If you have questions, please contact the GSA Administration Team at [email protected].
SEPTEMBER 21ST TO DECEMBER 6TH, 2023 - "GSA 101" Webinars
So, what exactly is GSA?
In these webinars, our admin team will introduce you to the ins and outs of GSA. This year, you have 4 chances to attend, so please choose from one of the dates listed below and register today! Q&A included; each session will be recorded and made available here afterward. Free to attend, however registration is required.
OCTOBER 5TH, 2023 - Application Portal Opens & Applicant Guides Released
- Applicant Guides - These important documents describe the application/audition process and criteria for GSA 2024, enabling applicants to start honing their materials.
- Application Portal - Students will be able to start uploading their applications materials. Read the applicant guides (referenced above) for more information; the entire application is virtual. All completed applications will be considered. Applications are due Sunday, January 14th, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. ET/10:59pm CT.
- Application Walkthrough Video - Not sure how to navigate through Acceptd (GSA's Application Portal)? This video will take you step-by step in this process, from your initial Acceptd profile creation to hitting that green "Submit" button at the very end.
OCTOBER 23RD TO NOVEMBER 20TH, 2023 – "Meet Your Adjudicators" Webinars
Conversations with adjudicators in each artform about what they’re looking for in GSA applicants. Q&A included; each session will be recorded and made available here afterward. Free to attend, however registration is required.
JANUARY 14TH, 2024 - GSA 2024 Application due by 11:59 p.m. ET/10:59 p.m. CT
- Applicants are encouraged to upload their applications before this date; GSA offices will not be staffed over the weekend and we will not be accessible to answer questions after Friday, January 12th.
FEBRUARY 16TH, 2024 - GSA 2024 Finalists Announced
- All applicants will be notified of whether they have advanced to the final round of adjudication.
MARCH 15TH & MARCH 16TH, 2024 - Final Round Auditions & Reviews
- All Finalists will attend an audition/review. Some artforms will hold their auditions & reviews in-person at the University of Kentucky, while others will be held virtually. Friday and Saturday auditions/reviews run from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
APRIL 12TH, 2024 - Announcement of GSA 2024 Accepted Students & Alternates
- All Finalists will be notified of whether they have been accepted into the summer program. A list of alternates will also be announced.
JUNE & JULY 2024 - GSA 2024 Summer Program
GSA 2024 will be held at the University of Kentucky (Lexington, KY). All students will attend one of two sessions listed below. Students are assigned which session they attend and will learn which session they’ve been accepted to along with the class announcement. Though most artforms will take place in both sessions, Architecture + Design will only be held in session one, while Dance will only be held in session two.
- Session One - June 9th to June 29th, 2024
- Session Two -July 7th to July 27th, 2024
Request An Info Session
Requests for GSA info sessions are considered on a rolling basis. Generally, info sessions are scheduled in the window of late September to mid-December.
If there are multiple arts teachers or classes at your school/organization, please coordinate with those areas to ensure this presentation reaches as many students as possible. This includes any teachers/students who work with visual arts, film, photography, creative writing, drama, choir/vocal music, instrumental music (band, orchestra, etc.), and dance.
If you'd like to request a GSA Info Session, please fill out the form HERE.
Due to limited administrative capacity, GSA may need to prioritize virtual info session requests and we may not be able to accommodate your request. That said, we hope you will connect with the virtual info sessions listed above and you are encouraged to contact us with questions/ideas/concerns at [email protected]. GSA will confirm whether your request can be accommodated, either way.
If you are completing this form, you are an advocate for young artists – and we are deeply grateful to you. Thank you for all you do – GSA does not take you for granted!
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
The GSA Administration Team is available to talk Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm EST. You can contact us via email at [email protected] or phone at (502) 566-5192. If we are unable to answer your phone call, please leave us a detailed voicemail with your name, phone number, and message, and we'll give you a call back as soon as possible.
Please note that all emails and voicemails may be answered in up to 48 business hours.