Kentucky Performing Arts (KPA) is committed to providing positive, inclusive, and memorable experiences to our audiences. To foster a safe and welcoming atmosphere for our audiences, artists, resident companies, volunteers, and employees, patrons visiting all KPA venues can expect an environment where:
- Patrons comply with all health and safety protocols.
- Patrons adhere to venue specific prohibited items regulations.
- Patrons follow the direction of venue employees and volunteers in the event of an emergency.
- Patrons treat fellow audience members with dignity and respect. KPA does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form.
- Patrons display respect toward our artists. Patrons are encouraged to applaud, laugh, delivery standing ovations, and express other forms of appreciation toward our artists.
- Patrons may come as they are. There are no dress codes at KPA venues.
- Patrons comply with all performance specific regulations including, but not limited to, the use of photography, audio and/or video recording equipment, the silencing of noisemaking devices, and seating holds.
- Patrons refrain from disruptive behavior and disorderly conduct.
- Patrons can feel comfortable reporting inappropriate behavior to an usher, house manager, or security officer.
- Patrons sit in their designated/ticketed seat and will present a valid ticket when requested by venue employees and volunteers.
- Patrons consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner and in compliance with the law.
- Patron’s smoke (including the use of e-cigarettes) in designated outdoor locations only.
- Patrons may use the restroom that feels most comfortable for them. We support gender diversity.
Venue staff may intervene to ensure the above expectations are met, and patrons are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to an usher, house manager, or security officer. Violation of KPA’s Patron Experience Guidelines may result in sanctions as deemed appropriate by the venue. Sanctions include, but are not limited to, warnings, venue ejections, venue bans, or arrest.
Thank you for your help as we work together to make Kentucky Performing Arts venues a welcoming and enjoyable environment for everyone.
Kentucky Performing Arts Venues Include: The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, Brown Theatre, and Old Forester’s Paristown Hall.