Kentucky Performing Arts’ Connecting for a Cause series features dynamic events curated in partnership with regional cultural and service organizations that work daily to support the health and harmony of our community.
Celebrate the life and legacy of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, whose accomplishments changed the world for women.
As Ginsburg was a lover of Opera, the evening will begin with a live performance by female singers curated by Kentucky Opera. This is followed by a screening of the documentary RBG, presented in partnership with Louisville Film Society.
Schedule of events:
7:00 PM - Christy's Garden opens
7:30 PM - Kentucky Opera Performance
8:00 PM - Screening of RBG
Thanks to our series sponsors Owsley Brown II Family Foundation and Kentucky Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Cabinet, with additional support from Fund for the Arts.
Special thanks to producing partners Kentucky Opera and Louisville Film Society
FAQ AND EVENT POLICIES
- Reservation tickets are required to enter Christy's Garden.
- Please have your tickets and ID ready upon entry.
- To help maintain social distancing, ticket holders should plan to arrive with their entire party before entering the line to be seated. Your party size may not exceed six.
- Your seating area, or “pod”, is yours for the night. Double-check your ticket to be sure you selected the correct day.
- You are responsible for bringing your own chairs for seating in reserved "pods."
- No outside food or drink is permitted. Paid concessions will be available.
- No pets allowed.
- Absolutely no weapons are allowed inside the event.
- This is a weather-permitting outdoor event. In the event of inclement weather, the event is canceled and ticket holders will be contacted.
- All seating locations are accessible. For more information email [email protected]
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SAFETY MEASURES
- After reserving your tickets, you will receive an email requesting the names and contact information for people in your party.
- All patrons will undergo temperature checks upon entry. Patrons that register a temperature higher than 100.4° F will be denied entry.
- Masks are required for entry. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Masks are not required inside your seating area, but are required outside of your seating area.
- This event will have a “clear bag” policy to minimize touchpoints.
- Prohibited Items include, but not limited to: Purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, conch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
- Approved Items: Bags that are clear, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” X 6” X 12” One gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar) Small clutch bag, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a strap or handle, can be brought into the facility with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- Please practice social distancing while waiting in any line.
This event strictly adheres to CDC and State safety measures. Any patron not following the guidelines will be denied entry or asked to leave the event.