GSA Opening Day 2022
Opening Day & Registration
GET EXCITED - Move In Day for GSA 2022 is just around the corner! So, what exactly do you need to know? Here is a summarized list of the information you need to have handy before and during your scheduled move-in (June 12th or July 10th).
1. Pre-Program Information Packet
2. Discipline Letters
3. COVID Safety Protocols
4. GSA Parent & Guardian Contact Sheet
5. Move-In Instructions & UKY Campus Maps
NOTE - Each item listed above is expanded throughout the rest of this page. Please review each item in this list thoroughly (and don't forget to click on the hyperlinks!).
GSA Opening Day 2022
Move-In Instructions & UKY Campus Maps
IT'S THE INFORMATION YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. In all seriousness, we know that the moving process can be overwhelming at times! However, please know that our amazing staff will be present to assist you. It'll be fun - We promise!
OPENING DAY SCHEDULE
You can find this information in two locations: The Pre-Program Information Packet or the Move-In Day Campus Map.
Remember that map we just mentioned? This document will be your best friend on June 12th or July 10th! No matter what artform you're in, you're going to use this map to navigate UK's campus throughout the day. Included is information such as parking, cart stations, and where to register.
Move-In Instructions: A Quick Overview
- Drive to the Cart Stations FIRST. These are located on Martin Luther King Blvd (In between Avenue of Champions and E Maxwell Street). Park your car, put your flashers on, and unload all of your stuff. We've provided shopping carts for you to transport your items to Holmes Hall (your new home).
- Park your Car - While at least one of you pushes the shopping cart to Holmes Hall, someone will have to park the car. The main parking lot is just one street over, on Lexington Avenue. Parking will be free today, so don't worry! Just make sure you go to Coliseum Parking Lot.
- Car Parkers - Join your loved one(s) at Holmes Hall. Now you're ready to check into GSA 2022!
NOTE - There will be GSA signs and plenty of staff members available to direct you in case you get lost.
This is an additional map for INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC STUDENTS ONLY!
As stated in the Instrumental Music discipline letters, you will need to unload your large instrument (if applicable) at the Fine Arts Building between 12:00pm and 1:00pm only.
Please follow the directions to the Fine Arts Building, exactly as listed in this map. This route starts at the Coliseum Parking Lot.
NOTE - 12:00pm to 1:00pm is the ONLY time GSA staff will be available for large instrument load-in.