Kentucky Performing Arts Ticket Service is funded by order fees. Order fees are standard in the ticketing industry when ordering over the phone or on the internet and cover the cost of staff, hardware, maintenance, software, and licensing for our 24/7/365 operation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT FEES:
"Kentucky Performing Arts already makes money based on the face value of the ticket. Why do you charge extra fees on top of that?"
The ticket cost portion of purchases goes to the various presenting organizations. Kentucky Performing Arts Ticket Service retains the order fees from each transaction.
"Isn't Kentucky Performing Arts is a non-profit organization that is funded by the state? Why do you need these additional fees?"
Although Kentucky Performing Arts receives approximately 5% of its total operating budget from the state, all funds received are allocated to the building and Governor’s School for the Arts. Therefore we have to generate other sources of revenue to maintain the day-to-day staffing and operation costs enabling us to offer online ticketing and our various education and community art programs.
"Why can't the fees be rolled into the ticket price?"
Because KPA does not retain the ticketing revenue for most performances in our theatres, we cannot roll that fee into the price of the ticket itself. We also want to be clear and forthcoming about the charges for each order.
Options for Avoiding Order Fees
KENTUCKY PERFORMING ARTS DONOR
All order fees are waived for Donors who order through Kentucky Performing Arts Donor Hotlines. To inquire about additional benefits and/or becoming a Donor, please call the DonorsFirst Hotline at (502) 566-5144.
PURCHASE IN-PERSON AT KENTUCKY PERFORMING ARTS BOX OFFICE COUNTER OR DRIVE-THRU
- All order fees are waived for in-person purchases made at the box office.
- The box office is located at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, 501 W Main St.
- Box office hours: Monday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Sunday, noon – 5 p.m.
- Drive-thru hours: Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The Drive-thru window is located under the building. From Main, turn right just before the intersection of Main and Sixth streets.
KENTUCKY PERFORMING ARTS GROUP SALES
- Call (502) 566-5152 Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. to inquire about group discounts on Kentucky Performing Arts performances.
- When applicable, groups of 10 or more save 10% and receive reduced order fees.
Kentucky Sales Tax
Kentucky has passed legislation changing how it collects sales tax on various items. One of the items impacted is admissions. To comply with Kentucky State law, Kentucky Performing Arts is adding a 6% sales tax to the order.