Kentucky Performing Arts’ Connecting for a Cause series features dynamic events curated in partnership with regional cultural and service organizations that work daily to support the health and harmony of our community.
KMAC Museum’s annual showcase of original couture pieces of wearable art and high-concept fashion comes to Christy’s Garden! Models turn the space into a garden sized runway, followed by a screening of the KMAC Couture: Star Stuff. Produced by KMAC Museum and Audi of Louisville in conjunction with Uproar Films, KMAC Couture: Star Stuff is a celebration of original couture pieces of wearable art and high-concept fashion. The film gives viewers an up-close look at the breathtaking creativity of emerging and established artists, costume and clothing designers, and milliners, while documentary-style vignettes provide a glimpse at the hard work behind the glamour. With KMAC Museum's exhibitions and downtown Louisville as a backdrop, you've never seen art and fashion like this. Get ready to watch art walk the runway.
Schedule of events:
7:00 PM - Christy's Garden opens
7:30 PM - Live models roaming Christy's Garden
8:00 PM - Screening of KMAC Couture: Star Stuff
Thanks to our series sponsors Owsley Brown II Family Foundation and Kentucky Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Cabinet, with additional support from Fund for the Arts.
Special thanks to producing partner KMAC Museum
FAQ AND EVENT POLICIES
- Reservation tickets are required to enter Christy's Garden.
- Please have your tickets and ID ready upon entry.
- To help maintain social distancing, ticket holders should plan to arrive with their entire party before entering the line to be seated. Your party size may not exceed six.
- Your seating area, or “pod”, is yours for the night. Double-check your ticket to be sure you selected the correct day.
- You are responsible for bringing your own chairs for seating in reserved "pods."
- No outside food or drink is permitted. Paid concessions will be available.
- No pets allowed.
- Absolutely no weapons are allowed inside the event.
- This is a weather-permitting outdoor event. In the event of inclement weather, the event is canceled and ticket holders will be contacted.
- All seating locations are accessible. For more information email [email protected]
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SAFETY MEASURES
- After reserving your tickets, you will receive an email requesting the names and contact information for people in your party.
- All patrons will undergo temperature checks upon entry. Patrons that register a temperature higher than 100.4° F will be denied entry.
- Masks are required for entry. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Masks are not required inside your seating area, but are required outside of your seating area.
- This event will have a “clear bag” policy to minimize touchpoints.
- Prohibited Items include, but not limited to: Purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, conch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
- Approved Items: Bags that are clear, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” X 6” X 12” One gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar) Small clutch bag, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a strap or handle, can be brought into the facility with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- Please practice social distancing while waiting in any line.
This event strictly adheres to CDC and State safety measures. Any patron not following the guidelines will be denied entry or asked to leave the event.