Connecting for a Cause - KMAC Couture on the Big Screen
featuring special guest Sheryl Rouse
KMAC Museum’s annual showcase of original couture pieces of wearable art and high-concept fashion comes to Christy’s Garden! Louisville vocal powerhouse Sheryl Rouse and her band will provide the live musical soundtrack as KMAC Couture models turn the space into a garden sized runway event, followed by a screening of the KMAC Couture: Star Stuff. Produced by KMAC Museum and Audi of Louisville in conjunction with Uproar Films, KMAC Couture: Star Stuff is a celebration of original couture pieces of wearable art and high-concept fashion. The film gives viewers an up-close look at the breathtaking creativity of emerging and established artists, costume and clothing designers, and milliners, while documentary-style vignettes provide a glimpse at the hard work behind the glamour.
Kentucky Performing Arts’ Connecting for a Cause series features dynamic events curated in partnership with regional cultural and service organizations that work daily to support the health and harmony of our community.
Schedule of events (Approximately 2 hours):
7:30 PM – Christy's Garden opens
8:00 PM – Sheryl Rouse
8:45 PM – Intermission
9:00 PM – Screening of KMAC Couture: Star Stuff
Connecting for a Cause is made possible by support from our sponsors, the Owsley Brown the Second Family Foundation and the Kentucky Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet, with additional support from Fund for the Arts.
FAQ AND EVENT POLICIES
- Reservation ticket is required to enter Christy's Garden.
- Please have your ticket and ID ready upon entry.
- You will be assigned a seating area, or “pod” upon entering. Your group will be seated together. Your party size may not exceed six.
- Your seating area, or “pod”, is yours for the night. Double-check your ticket to be sure you selected the correct day.
- You are responsible for bringing your own chairs for seating in reserved "pods."
- No outside food or drink is permitted. Paid concessions will be available.
- No pets allowed.
- Absolutely no weapons are allowed inside the event.
- This is a weather-permitting outdoor event. In the event of inclement weather, the event is canceled and ticket holders will be contacted.
- All seating locations are accessible. For more information email [email protected]
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SAFETY MEASURES
- All patrons will undergo temperature checks upon entry. Patrons that register a temperature higher than 100.4° F will be denied entry.
- BRING YOUR MASK
- While masks are not required outside, you will need a mask to access the restrooms inside Old Forester's Paristown Hall.
- This event will have a “clear bag” policy to minimize touchpoints.
- Prohibited Items include, but not limited to: Purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, conch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
- Approved Items: Bags that are clear, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” X 6” X 12” One gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar) Small clutch bag, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a strap or handle, can be brought into the event with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- Please practice social distancing while waiting in any line.
This event strictly adheres to CDC and State safety measures. Any patron not following the guidelines will be denied entry or asked to leave the event.